- 4/21: SMU faculty publish geophysical report blaming two wells for Azle, Texas quakes
- 4/23: US Geological Survey issues report claiming seismic events in 8 states were induced
- 4/23: Oklahoma Geological Survey issues statement saying seismic events unlikely to be natural
- 4/24: Texas Railroad Commission issues public statement that it will order show cause hearings for the two Azle wells
- 5/4: Researchers and Railroad Commission officials testify before Texas House Energy Resources Committee induced seismicity hearing
We will continue to monitor breaking developments here at The Hydraulic Fracturing Blog.
This post was written by Barclay Nicholson (email@example.com or 713 651 3662) from Norton Rose Fulbright's Energy Practice Group and Emery Richards (firstname.lastname@example.org or 713 651 5698) from Norton Rose Fulbright's Antitrust Group.